Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Boston Marathon 2012

Tam ran the Boston Marathon again this year, and I drove out there and joined her for a five day vacation in Boston.  I spent four days on the way east in northern Indiana in "Amish Country" visiting quilt and fabric shops and getting a feel for the area.  I had visited the area before and just wanted to spend more time looking around.  I also stopped in Cleveland, Ohio's Little Italy at a wonderful bakery to get my fill of gelato and Italian bakery items.  It was a fun stop and kept me fortified until I reached Boston's Little Italy.  You may remember that it was very hot this Spring in Boston, one of the hottest Boston Marathon's ever.  Well I have to give credit to Tam she finished the race when I almost didn't survive just watching the finish.  It was beastly!  While Tam prepared for the marathon I played tourist and revisited all of my favorite Boston places and found many new fun ones.  With public transportation so good in Boston, I parked my car at the hotel and never used it again until I left.  After the marathon Tam's sister Abby joined us and the three of us played tourist.  We visited every bakery in Little Italy one more time to find the best cannoli.  Here are just a few pics from my trip.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers