Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Yard Work


Russ and I spent half a day cleaning up the yard concentrating on trimming shrubs. This looks like a lot of foliage but we have another half day of work left to do. It's amazing how much time it takes just to keep a large yard up to date. I'm in the process of taking things out of my garden. Last week I pulled out half of my cucumber plants. I have enough pickles and just need some to eat fresh. This morning I pulled out all of the small tomato plants. I've eaten enough fresh and I have enough sauce canned and am currently giving tomatoes away as fast as I can. I still have two tomato plants left and both are producing more than enough for me to eat fresh with some to give away. It's hard to believe that summer is winding down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers