Sunday, July 18, 2010

Today's Harvest


Today's harvest included my first large tomato. I think its a Wisconsin #?. I think it will become a bacon/lettuce/tomato sandwich since it's too hot to do much else in the kitchen. At dinner time the rest of it will become sliced tomatoes served alongside fried potatoes and corn. My first potatoes from my garden. I'm using the tiny ones. I also have creamed cukes leftover from last night. Kind of like hog heaven for me.

Since I've about ODed on the green and yellow beans, I pulled out the yellow ones this morning. They were bush beans and just about finished producing. I need the room for the cukes, cantaloupes, and watermelons, which have gone on a growing spurt in all of this warm weather. In another week I will have to pull the green ones too. I have enough cukes to start a stand and several melons of each variety. I've had to put up caution tape out in the yard so that Russ, our mower, won't mow over the long tendrils that have escaped the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers